Greenwich Academy Press

The Student News Site of Greenwich Academy

Greenwich Academy Press

Greenwich Academy Press

Staying Power

Winter Staycation Tips
Staying+Power

As we get closer to winter break, the talk of vacation plans is getting more frequent. If you aren’t going anywhere for the break, here are 5 tips for the best winter staycation.

CITY TRIP!!!! This winter break I advise all of you to take full advantage of Grand Central being just a 45-minute ride from the Greenwich Train Station. The city is so pretty during the holiday season and has endless things to do. I would say my top three right now are the Rockefeller Center Christmas Tree, Winter Village at Bryant Park, and the Rockettes. But there is so much more to do and guaranteed to be something for everybody!

Self-care day! Break is a good time to refresh and rejuvenate yourself. A self-care day could consist of a hair mask, getting your nails done, an everything shower, or even just doing your hair in the morning. My favorite hair product for the winter is the Briogeo Deep Conditioning Hair Mask. It’s perfect to rehydrate your hair, especially when the annual winter dryness hits. This includes your skin too, so I recommend this Osea Body Lotion, it smells so good! For more self-care tips, check out this awesome GAP story!

A movie marathon. Channel your inner Gilmore Girl and have a movie marathon filled with fun snacks like Lorelai and Rory do (but honestly, that’s only way you should be like Rory). It could even be holiday-themed! My favorite holiday movies include Home Alone, The Holiday, and The Grinch. (If you dig The Holiday, check out this ranking of Cameron Diaz’s best looks.)

Try some fun holiday-themed baking! Some fun ideas could include a gingerbread house contest with your family or Christmas cookie decorating. So if you’re in the mood to bake something during break, here are 94 (so you’ll definitely find at least one thing you’ll like) holiday dessert recipes. I know I’m definitely gonna try making this cookies & cream ice cream cake!

Catch up on your sleep! I for one will be doing a lot of this. What’s even better than being in your warm bed when it’s cold outside? A matching pajama set. One of my faves is the sets from Brandy Melville. They are so cute and very, very comfy. Target also always has some cute holiday ones.