Charter Day Election Results

Suffice it to say that this year’s student body government has left big shoes to fill for the class of 2015.  From the door decorating competition, to lunch bunch, to Winter Whiteout Week, the girls in this year’s Forum have outdone themselves. The newly elected class officials intend to both carry on successful ideas from the past and create new and original ideas for the future. As we approach the 2014-2015 school year, the GA community can expect some equally unifying and creative ideas coming our way. Despite the loss of our amazing senior officers, we are in good hands.

Screen Shot 2014-05-20 at 8.50.24 PM
greenwichacademy.org

Jubilee Johnson, XI, President of the School  What made you want to run for this position?

I was thinking about how long I’ve been at GA, and at some point I said to myself: why not get out of my comfort zone? GA is such a safe and relaxed place, I thought I’d challenge myself and boldly do something like run.

What are your plans for the Upper School?

I want our school to have a better relationship with Brunswick because sometimes I feel that the social interactions are as far removed as the boys-on-one-side-girls-on-the-other classroom tables. I also want to have fun! So with those two ideas in mind, I want to consider GA-Wick functions like trivia, color runs, and what about a Sadie Hopkins dance? Who knows…

Ellie Lobrano, XI, VP of the School

What made you want to run for this position?

I love GA and wanted to take a position where I could put my skills to use while also showing my passion for the school.

I would like to encourage openness and questions regarding Honor Board and Judicial Councils.  My main goal is to completely reshape Honor Board’s stigma.

Laura Guo, XI, Arts Board President What made you want to run for this position? I was on the arts board for freshmen and sophomore year so I…knew how it worked. Art has always been my main “thing” and I feel like I have a lot of good ideas that I could bring to people next year. Do you have any advice to those running next year? Definitely run if you feel like this is something you want to do…even if you’re feeling nervous… Go for it because you never know!   Isabel Banta, XI, Community Service Board President What are your plans for the Upper School? I really want to do a Community Service Person of the month, similar to what Daedalus does with their Writer of the Month. I think that this can really spotlight people doing individual community service around the school, and there will be fun prizes too! I also look forward to collaborating with the other boards and seeing what sports-related or arts-related community service projects we can do. Do you have any advice for someone considering to run next year? Run if you aren’t sure. Taking a chance is incredible if it all works out. If it doesn’t, it isn’t the end of the world.   Katie Tenefrancia, XI, Athletic Board President What was going through your head during your speech? As I was giving my speech I was thinking, “Wow this isn’t that bad.” Once I got into the groove of things I relaxed, and as I hit the closing lines I realized that I had just finished a speech I never thought I had the guts to give. What are your plans for the Upper School? My plans are to really change the way athletic board impacts student life. Athletic board has the potential to make student life more spirited and relaxed, and I hope to impact not just athletes, but all GA students. I would also like to improve school spirit and sports game attendance through changing gator- squad and creating more of an awareness of games. I also would like to create more of a bond with the lower school.