Greenwich Academy Press

The Student News Site of Greenwich Academy

Greenwich Academy Press

Greenwich Academy Press

Homecoming: Dress for Success

In less than a month, the Greenwich Academy hallways will be filled with chatter about the most anticipated student event of the Fall: The Homecoming Dance. Although the awkwardness between Brunswick boys and GA girls that accompanies this dance may be fun to some, the real reason we all love Homecoming (and all dances) is to get dressed up. Below are just a few tips on how to dress to impress for the first dance of the year.

Tip One: Dress casually. Don’t worry about finding the perfect party dress. Unlike the formal Brown and White dance, homecoming gives you a chance to be a little bit more laidback and versatile in your choice of clothing. Both skirts and dresses work. The same goes for both heels and flip-flops. It’s completely up to you and what you feel comfortable in.

Tip Two: Tight isn’t always the answer! Many think that a tight dress is necessary to look cute at Homecoming. Serena Profaci, Group X, makes it clear that this is definitely not the case. “You don’t have to wear a tight or low cut dress- the most important thing is that you feel good and comfortable in what you’re wearing.” Between form fitting and flowy, there are so many different styles to choose from to make sure you feel and look your best in your outfit.

Harper Robinson, XII, warns, “Remember, you see your teachers at the dance!”

Ms. Sarah Holzschuh’s advice: “Avoid any situation that makes anyone, yourself, or teachers feel uncomfortable.”