Greenwich Academy Press

The Student News Site of Greenwich Academy

Greenwich Academy Press

Greenwich Academy Press

Fall Ball!

The class of 2015 may have scrapped Greenleaf last year, but they certainly didn’t leave things finished at that.

This year, with the combined mastermind-ing of Jubilee Johson, XII and Isabella Fiorita, XII, Greenwich Academy will be putting on its very first Fall Ball: a day of sports-spectatorship, school spirit, and service to a special cause.

“We wanted to set it on a day when there were no other conflicts or commitments, and we wanted to create a special occasion that could bring together everyone from PC-ers to seniors,” said Fiorita.

Activities will be built around the GA Varsity Soccer game at 1:00 p.m. and the Varsity Volleyball game at 3:30 p.m. on Saturday, October 25. They will include music, t-shirts, BBQ, and baked goods. All members of our school community are encouraged to take part in the exciting day, bringing along their families, friends, and even pets.

Later in the evening, the Fall Ball dance for upper school students will start at 8:00 p.m. in Ramsing (also fondly known as the “old gym”). Tickets are $25 at the door and proceeds will go towards supporting Breast Cancer Awareness.

“We felt that it was time to bring the focus back on GA’s identity as a community,” added Fiorita.

Whereas September’s homecoming was more or less Brunswick-centric, Fall Ball is anticipated to highlight the great community we have here at GA.

So let’s fill the hill, let’s link the school in pink, and let’s make this day legendary.